Drawing from deep inside yourself to expand.
Since my early 20’s, I have been paving my own path to freedom inspired by a longing for deep joy, peace, and to be fully myself. My guiding light has been the inner knowing that I could live life turned on, in love, and vibrantly alive, every day.
When I met the love of my life in 1993, something new was awakened in me, the desire to really love. Meeting him made me realize I didn’t actually know how to love, not the kind of love a relationship required at least. I was still longing to be loved. My heart had been shut down in ways I wasn’t aware of, and I was ready to heal from past relationship wounds.
What I discovered over time was that I needed to learn to LOVE MYSELF in order to love this amazing man who loved me so very much.
SELF LOVE is a practice that takes COURAGE, COMMITMENT, and COMPASSION!
It is also the key to inner and outer peace, joy, and the root of your pleasure.
I am grateful to have spent my last 30 years with this man, my beloved, expanding my heart and of course, exploring myself as a sensual, sexual being. As a young woman, I was aware of my strong sexual energy, beauty, and aliveness, but was confused by it and all the shame I felt around it. Our relationship has been a practice ground for exploring my sexuality and my relationship to it. When I learned to take responsibility for myself fully in the relationship and let pleasure be my guide, I instantly began to feel more free and alive!
I have faced my fears many times on this journey, and I have learned how to create safety and freedom, through healthy communication and clear boundaries. The flip side of fear is love and bliss, and so our relationship continues to blossom with unimaginable beauty as I choose more freedom, more truth, deeper love, and unrelenting self-love.
My work is dedicated to supporting you on this path to a sensual, soulful, and thriving love life. As your guide, I will show you how self-love and conscious sexuality can become as normal as breathing. Each breath, each moment, a new opportunity to tap into the full power of your soul through your sexual, sensual aliveness.
Living and Learning
Danielle Hougard, Sensuality Coach, Acupressure Massage Therapist, and E-RYT 500, certified Yoga teacher, has been on the mind-body path since 1989. She is a pioneer in living life from the inside out, and a love warrior leading the way for all on this pleasure path to deeper intimacy and soulful sexuality.
Danielle’s coaching is the result of her natural desire and passion for self-inquiry, authentic self-expression, and her pursuit to lead an empowered life filled with love, pleasure, and joy.
- 2020- Andean Shamanic Rituals Training with Puma Fredy Quispe Singona, Online via Zoom from Cuzco, Peru.
- 2020- Forbidden Conversations Series with Esther Perel, Online via Zoom.
- 2019- Completed the Ecstatic Living Institute: Ecstatic Touch, Level 2, weekend workshop, Petaluma, CA.
- 2018- Completed The Yin and Yang of Ecstasy: Empowering the Feminine, Awakening the Masculine with Margo Anand and Jim Benson, A 5-day workshop at Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA.
- 2015- Created Love and Intimacy Mentoring Practice, San Rafael, CA.
- 2013- 2014- Completed Interchange Counseling/Coaching Certification Program, San Francisco, CA
- 2005- Created Intuitive Life Coaching Practice, San Rafael, CA.
- 2004- Anusara Yoga Teacher Certification, San Anselmo, CA
- 2003- Attended Healing the Pelvic Floor: Reclaiming your Power, Sexuality, and Pleasure potential, 7-day Training, with Suzanne Scurlock and Maureen McKenzie, Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA.
- 2001- Gave birth to my son Gabriel at home in San Rafael, CA.
- 1999- Received 850- Hr. Acupressure Therapy Certification- Advanced Training Program. Acupressure Institute, Berkeley, CA.
- 1998- Couples Sexuality Weekend Training with Dr. Saida Desilets, Novato, CA.
- 1998- Jade Egg and Sensuality Weekend Training with Dr. Saida Desilets, Novato, CA.
- 1998- HAI- Couples Relationship Training, Harbin Hotsprings, Middletown, CA.
- 1997- HAI- Level 3, Weekend Training, Harbin Hotsprings, Middletown, CA.
- 1997- Served at Vipassana Meditation Retreat, 3-day, North Fork, CA.
- 1997- Completed 10 Day Vipassana Meditation Course, North Fork, CA.
- 1996- HAI- Level 2, Weekend Training, Harbin Hotsprings, Middletown, CA.
- 1995- Human Awareness Institute (HAI), Love, Intimacy, and Sexuality Workshops, Level 1, Weekend Training, Harbin Hotsprings, Middletown, CA.
- 1993- Met hubby in class at the Acupressure Institute, Berkeley, CA
- 1993- 200 Hr. Advanced Training Professional Specialization Program- Emotional Balancing Certification, Acupressure Institute. Berkeley, CA.
- 1993- Acupressure Institute Certification, Annandale, VA.
- 1993- Completed Five Day Advanced Landmark Training, San Francisco, CA.
- 1992- Completed Three Day Landmark Forum Training, Live the Life You Love, Falls Church, VA.
- 1989- BA, English, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA.